.

Sacrament And Communion

Sacrament And Communion
I've been conversation to Robert and Laurence about communion. They any really feature it and find a lot of depth in it. Average pretend to them...but I don't. Form, I've powerful its not worth traumatic about if I don't really get other out of the halfway point communion service. Robert blames it on my evangelical fabric - which is doubtless entirely fair.

I display the plan of a sacrament is to offer God in the run of the mill every day stuff - to realise that God is with us. That's the whole outing of the transformation, at smallest as I understand it.

Form, I wrote this moderately odd low point poem!

The Sacrament

They say all are agreeable to inventory in Christ's banquet

If you're baptised

If you're dedicated

If you've trendy Jesus Christ as your intimate Noble and saviour

Charm inventory us.

Nosh-up on our heartfelt wafer

Or self-effacing working of cash,

Sip wine from our silver chalice

Or grape taste from a supple cup.

Sacrament, Emmanuel.

But I'm repenting,

Not me.

I do not engage.

I contain no intimate Noble

No intimate saviour

Not me.

Let the cup ship me by.

But I'd pray a prayer

If i knew how to pray it

That bond of root and willingness of spirit

Push maintain the fitness of action

To impart my cash with the hungry

And impart wine with the uninspiring.

To fill the stomachs of the too little

And our mouths with happiness.

And I'd pray a prayer

If I know how to pray it

That my upland faculty be broad

In the manner of the unbelievers of all persuasions

All colours, creeds and races welcomed

In the manner of old and gullible, ill and suitably, magnificent and too little,

Educated and uneducated, priviledged and underclass

Spiritual and disbelieving related as social group

To holiday together on the cash of friendship

And impart the cup of whatsoever joy.

Sacrament, Emmanuel.

Newer Post Older Post Home