.

Week 7 Bathroom Beauty And Hygiene
Welcome to Week 7 of Spring Cleaning with The Domestic Witch! This week the focus in on Bathrooms, Beauty, and Hygiene. I know cleaning the toilet isn't fun, but did you know flushing can help you magickally banish things? Or that a magickal shower or bath can do a lot more than clean you physically? A ritual bath is also a great way to get in the right mindset before a ritual or spell.

It's a bit unusual for me to start a post with a music video. I chose to because the song Beautiful by Christina Aguilera sets the tone for what I think beauty really is. It's something that comes from within, not some standards someone is supposed to meet. While I do plan on posting some recipes for making beauty products, I want it to be clear that I believe such things are to help us look healthy and vibrant. They are not to be used so we can try to achieve some impossible standard set by fashion magazines or Hollywood.

I am a "lipstick feminist." That means that I don't let society define what beauty is for me nor do I take cosmetics too seriously. I happen to find makeup, beauty products, and perfume to be fun! To quote the classic song, "I enjoy being a girl!" However, what is serious when it comes to cosmetics is whether or not they are tested on animals. I'll have a post on that later this week.

As for the homemade cosmetics, I have yet to decide on any specific recipes. The last time I researched it I found hundreds of different ideas. My focus will be on kitchen witch recipes because I like being able to use things from around the house or kitchen. IF ANY OF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC REQUEST (SUCH AS A FACIAL MASK, MOISTURIZER, ACNE TREATMENT, ETC.) PLEASE SHARE IT IN THE COMMENTS! This will help me narrow down which recipes to use out of the hundreds out there.

And just for fun I will post some spells that are supposed to make you look more attractive. I personally have never had a need for such a spell and find them quite vain. Also how are you supposed to tell if they work? How do you know if it's the spell or just self confidence because of the spell? I've always wondered what happens when the spell wears off. Will that guy you've had your eye on think you're suddenly less attractive? I want to research it just out of sheer curiosity. It's going to be a fun week, I think!

Reference: pagan-wiccan.blogspot.com

Newer Post Older Post Home