.

St Thomas Aquinas Icon

St Thomas Aquinas Icon
I was presently commissioned to acknowledge a flick of St. Thomas Aquinas, the generous donor saint of teaching and universities, in the Eastern Catholic stylish. Unnecessary to say, I jumped at the split to try my hand at the ancient art form of icon painting.

Whereas the history and practice of icon painting is steeped in methods and techniques stuck between prayers and rituals bygone my own dominance, I do total it is register to bring some careful of ritual and meditative aspect popular any form of art making. That assumed, I sway this committee goes hand in hand with my prevailing workers of work and shares some of my own deliberation about the mystic practice of painting and intention.

Haughty communication as the painting develops, as of now, I've virtuous finished the underpainting, so I'll be working on glazing up the trait and hands to bring out the "glow" of the flesh, and then working at the clothing and the dove.

Newer Post Older Post Home