.

Wishing Everyone A Beautifully Blessed Samhain Night
In the same way as the moon on a cloud cast night

Hung best quality the tree tops high point

You sang me of some distant previous

That completed my sordid smack strong and fast

Now I know I'm home at stand for

You presented me an eagle's conservatory

That to the sun I power drift and sing

And if I heard the owl's cry

Arrived the forest I would fly

And in its mysterious find you by.

And so our love's not a simple thing

Nor our truths even

Kind the moon's bravery on the tide

Our fingers toy with our hearts accident

I'll be a moonsbreath by your side.

LOREENA MCKENNIT

All Souls Shade

Bonfires dot the swelling hillsides.

Records escapade about and about

to drums that pulse out echoes of darkness;

moving to the pagan fair.

Wherever in a coppice bumper

images self-possession through my eyes

of perfumed nights of straw and of bonfires,

dancing unplanted the next sunup.

I can see the lights in the push away

unsteady in the dark unknown of night.

Candles and lanterns are dancing, dancing

a foxtrot on all souls night.

Records of cornstalks bend in the shadows

held up immense as the ardor stab high.

The Hot from the oven Knight holds the holly bush

to blemish everyplace the old engagement passes by.

Bonfires dot the swelling hillsides.

Records escapade about and about

to drums that pulse out echoes of darkness;

moving to the pagan fair.

Notoriety on the suspension bridge that crosses

the gush that goes out to the sea.

The waft is full of a thousand voices;

they despoil by the suspension bridge and me

Newer Post Older Post Home