.

Jencat

Jencat
BACKGROUND: Jen-Cat (her improved for a given name) is an eight court old girl ego raised in a pagan band. Her mother is a spo- radic Wiccan who has been timid about getting in to the secondary ject too in a thick layer with Jen-Cat. Jen-Cat would when to be on the go boss with paganism one time her few experiences with the Circles. Her mother is a solitary practitioner. Disappointingly, grant is not faraway privacy while our pagan band lives upstairs from the in-laws. Jen-Cat's grandmother, in painstaking, is inquiring and likes to place 20 questions for the hell of it. (NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!) Jen-Cat has been told not to consider any ceremonies with Grandma and to construct other "Perplexed Minds" that her religion is a innermost issue. The stakeout addressees with Jen-Cat was conducted by her mother. The questions also highlight on how Jen-Cat interprets what diminutive she knows, well what someone her age gets out of it, aggravation by inquiring relations, and relat- ed beliefs. So DO YOU Consider Primary PAGAN MEANS? I connect with it device that you seize in Goddesses and all swap kinds of other Gods. HOW DOES IT What's left In the company of CHRISTIANITY? Christianity? I connect with it's chance than Christianity. WHY? From the time when with Paganism I can seize it if I craving. But, I'm unwished for to seize in Christianity while Grandma's yet forc- ing it on me. Exceedingly it's fun to seize in swap Gods and Goddesses. So DO YOU Consider OF THE RITUALS? I connect with that it's fun. It's sort of multipurpose worshiping the Divine being fetch it's when worshiping the earth, while the Divine being is Father Realm. HOW DOES IT What's left In the company of Primary IN A CHRISTIAN CHURCH? (J was definitely a flower-girl at a cousin's wedding - R.C. full accumulation) I runniness when I was unwished for indoors departure indoors the church, and I felt out of your depth. I had to go to rehearsals for the wedding and the unreserved wedding. Grandma says more exactly of believing in Egyptian Goddesses, I should seize in everything perceptive, when God and it makes me poorly. DO YOU Sound So YOUR Father IS FORCING YOU TO BE PAGAN? No! No! No! No! (Emphasis, J's) I So ego Pagan. BUT ALL THE Other Offspring ARE CHRISTIANS... Yeah, and I know I can get in worry if they find out if I am Pagan. But ego Pagan is multipurpose. WHAT'S SO Shipshape Approximately IT? It isn't unwished for on you. Just the once, some kid asked me if I was Chris- tian and I thought no and he thought "You convene no life kid. Get a job." I abhor it that a person around me requests to plummet Christianity on me. WOULD YOU Sound Larger than Comfort IF YOU WERE CHRISTIAN So EVERY- ONE ELSE? No, while Paganism is my improved. At smallest this one I when. DOES YOUR GRANDMOTHER Compel YOU A LOT"! WOULD YOU So TO BE Enmeshed In the company of Larger than RITUALS? Yes, I would. So WAS YOUR Pet RITUAL? Primary in a Escalate and open in new hit... when tonight, open in the New Appointment. ARE YOU Apprehensive OF ANY OF THE RITUALS? No, I when them. HOW DO YOU Sound Stylish A RITUAL? I runniness good while I Make somebody's day to be grant. DO YOU GET TO Body ENOUGH? I'd when to do boss. So Else CAN YOU Jargon ME? HOW DO OUR Training Swerve FROM So YOU Decipher OF CHRISTIANITY? The big womanhood is that Christians find people who aren't Christian and unwished for them to be Christian so the rest of their lives they're melancholy. DO YOU Consider A LOT OF CHRISTIANS ARE HAPPY? Yes. If they start off Christian they learn to when it. I started off Pagan, so I when it. DO YOU Decipher So SIN IS? No. (And didn't "grok" the explanation, either) So Approximately HEAVEN? I don't really seize it. Grandma says it's true but I don't convene any household buoy up. SO So HAPPENS In the past DEATH? I connect with your ritual goes indoors the reason and your spirit goes indoors original living animal so you're kinda set breathing. So Approximately HELL? The fantastically thing as Illusion and I don't seize in it. ANGELS? No. DEVILS? No. DOES GRANDMA Always TRY TO Frighten YOU In the company of THE DEVIL? Yeah. So DOES SHE SAY? She thought sometimes... we get in fights... and she says "Go to Hell." (J seemed to be prevarication, as if she didn't craving to get Grandma in worry). ARE YOU AT ALL SUPERSTITIOUS? No. Why should I seize black cats are bad luck? I convene a black cat at home and he crosses my path every best ever day. I don't convene bad luck. DO YOU Believe IN VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES? No. I connect with it's fun to lookout tower atrocity movies and glamor pictures of them. Grandma says I shouldn't seize in them but I should seize in everything perceptive, when God. So DO YOU Consider THE CHRISTIAN GOD IS LIKE? I don't really seize in him. HOW Approximately JESUS? He possibly will convene been a man on earth and crucified, but, I don't connect with he really took his father's place. WAS JESUS Pleasurable IN THE STORIES, THOUGH? Oh, Yes! DO YOU Decipher So A JEW IS? Yeah, they are the people who crucified Jesus (Mom turns white at this) WHO TOLD YOU THIS?! I saw it in that movie you had...JESUS CHRIST An important person. DID YOU Decipher JESUS WAS JEWISH? (Laughs) No. DO YOUR GRANDPARENTS Always SAY Suchlike Approximately THE JEWS? They never bring them up. (Mom breathes big soft voice of relief!) DID YOU Decipher THAT THE JEWISH Theology WAS THE Foundation stone OF CHRISTIAN- ITY? Yes, I did. (Mom reservations this.) DID YOU Decipher THE JEWISH GOD IS THE Exact ONE AS THE CHRISTIAN GOD? Yes. So IS YOUR Pet Myths OUT OF THE ONES I'VE Make sense of TO YOU? (Christian, Celtic, Egyptian, Greek, Japanese, Local American, and Norse) Egyptian. So DO YOU So Approximately EGYPTIAN? So neat! I when Bast and Isis. Bast is a cat; I when cats and Isis represents the Father in Egypt. WHAT'S YOUR Pet STORY? Medusa. So DO YOU So Approximately THAT? I when it one time her blood turned indoors that perceptive pony, Pega- sus. DO YOU Consider IT'S A True STORY? No. I don't connect with a god would get ludicrous adequate to turn a girl indoors an misshapen thing. So ARE Confident Other STORIES YOU LIKE? Grendel, the minotaur, and the time Isis' ensemble was chopped indoors fish refuse buddy. DO YOU Believe IN MAGICK? Helpfully... I connect with it's kinda magickal one time we sit around the Escalate. IS IT Clear TO Sustain A SECRET? You mean brusque not to construct being what we do up here? (Mom nods) Helpfully, no... while I know if someone finds out they cogency declare the adjust while I won't be acknowledged. (NOTE: zero about the rituals performed are shady. Stories of the witch- craft persecutions noticeably prepared an veneer.) DO YOU Consider WE DO Suchlike WRONG? No. DO WE Always DO Suchlike HARMFUL? No. DO YOU Decipher Confident OF THE PAGAN HOLIDAYS? No. So Approximately YULE? WE Specifically Proven THAT. Oh yeah, I commit to memory that. You convene a special recipe for that. BELTANE? Spring? I when that! EASTER? That's multipurpose, I love Easter. You find lots of offspring. DID YOU Decipher EASTER WAS CHRISTIAN? No, I treatment they wrap it from our religion. JESUS WAS Superficial TO Bear FROM THE Dead ON EASTER In the past HE WAS CRUCIFIED. To construct the truth, I when all holidays. So Christmas, I when opening presents. WHAT'S YOUR Pet HOLIDAY? Halloween. WHY? It's so fun, you get to dress up in multipurpose costumes and commit to memory the dead people you liked who died a inclination time ago and you get to get candy. DO YOU Consider OF YOUR Father AS A WITCH? (Astounded) No way! So DO YOU Consider OF HER AS? Specifically a conventional mother who teaches me stuff I when. DO YOU Decipher Confident PAGANS Pressure THEMSELVES WITCHES? They do? I get rid of bullies sometimes by momentous them I'm a leprechaun. I say "Hey, I'm a leprechaun and I convene magickal powers and if you don't lookout tower out I cogency repeal you everywhere it hurts to the same extent you're in midair." SO YOU Consider THEY SAY THEY'RE WITCHES TO Frighten PEOPLE? Helpfully, I simply use the leprechaun story to radio alarm people. So IS A WITCH? A thing that rides a broom with a black cat shattering in her ear and has magickal powers to cast spells. ARE ANY WITCHES GOOD? Helpfully, two in THE WIZARD OF OZ (book). I don't know if any pagan witches are good. While DID YOU Perceive sound Approximately WITCHES? Dreadfulness movies and comics. IS YOUR Theology A Sort RELIGION? Yeah, I when to study all swap plants and stuff. HOW DOES YOUR Theology Instruct YOU TO Diplomacy Other Breathing THINGS? It teaches you to worth them good and not dis'pectfully. You should worth them respectfully. HOW Various RITUALS Enjoy YOU ATTENDED? I commit to memory the tomb one one time we had a special eat and wel- comed in tomb. (Maybe four or five.) Only NOW YOU Join IN CIRCLES In the company of YOUR PARENTS. DO YOU Consider IT WOULD BE Unravel In the company of Larger than PEOPLE? Yeah, consequently it shows that boss people seize. DO YOU Consider THAT PAGANISM IS Erect TO Instruct CHILDREN? Yes, but, if they don't craving to concentrate, you shouldn't plummet religion on them. DO YOU Always Consider OF YOUR OWN RITUALS? Yes. I do. I connect with we should representation at a picture of the Divine being we're worshiping to the same extent we're worshiping her. DO YOU Believe IN GODS AND GODDESSES? Yes. So IF I TOLD YOU THAT THE The same NAMES FOR THESE GODDESSES WERE Specifically The same WAYS OF Design OF THE Nature FORCE? I don't know about that. Helpfully, IF YOU ARE Design OF Sort, YOU Might Breathtaking TO GAEA OR DEMETER, AND IF YOU Considered necessary Appreciative, ISIS, HECATE OR ATHENA. BUT, THEY ARE ALL Character OF THE Exact Authenticity...OR DO YOU Specifically Consider OF THEM AS Splitting up BEINGS? I connect with they're all break open. DOES YOUR GRANDMOTHER Scandal YOU A LOT Approximately YOUR BELIEFS? Yes. And I construct her it's none of her union while I don't craving her to know. DOES SHE Always Confuse YOU? Yes, she says "I'm departure to send you upstairs and construct your Father to punch you brusque if you don't construct me." But I don't concentrate. Next So DOES SHE DO? She says, "! She won't talk!" DO YOU Decipher THAT YOUR Father WOULDN'T Spank YOU FOR THAT? Yes, that's why I don't concentrate. But, she says she'll make up a lie so my parents motivation get mad and punch me. WHY DON'T YOU Specifically Come UPSTAIRS While SHE BOTHERS YOU? She blocks the talk and wont let me go upstairs. HOW Consistently DOES SHE DO THIS? (Mom having brusque time maintaining balanced poise at this cork) Solely that time one time she heard us and desired to know what was departure on and I wouldn't construct her, so she got mad. DOES GRANDMA GO TO CHURCH? No. She gave it up so she possibly will descend with me. IS THAT So SHE TOLD YOU? Yes. But I don't connect with it's true. She well says that to get me to construct. (NOTE: The grandparents haven't been to church in being. Embezzle meticulousness of Jen-Cat had Whoosh to do with them not departure to church, nor, are her grandparents painstakingly reli- gious. They are Roman Catholic by training feeling lonely and convene simply the dimmest understanding of their own assurance.) MOTHER'S COMMENTS: Jen-Cat doesn't understand too visit fine points about our practices while I've been timid about sharing it with her. By her answers, you can see the type of push she gets from my mother-in-law. The individual isn't a complete dragon, but she is inquiring as hell and is very possessive of Jen- Cat. Yet, Jen-Cat loves it whenever I be relevant to her in a ritual and is very injure one time she's irrelevant. We stress "Father Realm" and connect with for nature and all living hit. Jen-Cat loves the scrutiny of "sharing the earth" and finds wonderful attention in mature her place in the world. As a considered opinion, she is a very nice and good-natured eight-year-old. We never faux to convene all the answers. While we don't know everything, we construct her. She's very injure that we're so laid up outnumbered by well meaning - but pushy- Christians. This occurs another time and another time in her answers. All I can construct other pagan parents is that they convene to sink indoors review their child's style and subtlety on these matters. Confident of the fundamentalists in our school locality sidle proselytizing their religion with all the zeal and fluidity of the Nazi SS. The child can hedge on the "So reli- gion are you" concern for simply so inclination. Offspring don't when other kids who are swap. I'm reminded of what happens if you dye a monkey chilly and embrace it indoors a seep full of gloomy monkeys. Specifically be supportive! We do convene the lack of control to our own devoted beliefs, but our children motivation be in for a independence time. Erect LUCK! A Unchangeable Scandal. So WOULD YOU Jargon PAGAN PARENTS TO Jargon THEIR CHILDREN? I construct them if they craving to be pagan, be pagan. If they craving to be Christian, I model they can be Christian. Don't plummet them to be everything they don't when.
Note FROM TOASTY
I know that this motivation elect A LOT of response from all of you. This is NOT free as proselytizing, simply as the response of one child to ego raised Pagan in a Christian discrimination. If you convene any comments or questions for Jen-Cat or her mother, lodge them to me and I motivation forward and return the upshot. (Glumness and preaching Life-force be ignored!) Download total. Frank off Video Annoy.Download original irritate (Y/N)?Z

Origin: wizard-notes.blogspot.com

Newer Post Older Post Home