.

Ps 138 1 2 I Thank You Lord With All My Heart

(PS 138, 1-2) I THANK YOU, Lady, Together with ALL MY Plug

I thank you, Lady, with all my heart; former the gods to you I sing. I bow low just before your holy temple; I commit your name for your devoutness and love. For you have haughty during all your name and your quality. (CCC 304) And so we see the Sacred Reputation, the chief novelist of Revered Scripture, recurrently attributing activities to God lacking mentioning any secondary causes. This is not a "simple mode of chat", but a sober way of recalling God's hegemony and sharpen Lordship during history and the world (Cf. Isa 10:5-15; 45:51; Dt 32:39; Sir 11:14), and so of educating his family to bring together in him. The prayer of the Psalms is the puff out school of this bring together (Cf. Pss 22; 32; 35; 103; 138; "et al".). (CCC 214) God, "He who is", revealed himself to Israel as the one "irritating in unbending love and confidence" (Ex 34:6). These two terms thorough like a shot the riches of the divine name. In all his works God displays, not merely his cuteness, virtue, fluffiness and unbending love, but to boot his commitment, credibility, confidence and truth. "I give gratefulness to your name for your unbending love and your confidence" (Ps 138:2; cf. Ps 85:11). He is the Fairness, for "God is light and in him nearby is no slowness"; "God is love", as the apostle John teaches (1 Jn 1:5; 4:8).

Newer Post Older Post Home